We offer 2 types of apprenticeships
This will allow you to gain practical experience of producing parts and products, using a variety of methods and equipment. Placements take place across our Cheltenham manufacturing site covering areas from basic tool making, to welding, to multi-axis machining techniques, to inspection.
This apprenticeship includes theoretical and practical tasks covering all aspects of our business. Placements take place across the Cheltenham sites from machining to purchasing to product development then focused towards specific engineering role.
Main programme elements
• Full time study at Gloucestershire Engineering Training (GET)
• Practical training (NVQ)
• Theoretical study
• Various work placements in relevant areas across Spirax-Sarco; moving through the business typically on 3-month placements
• Workplace based assessments towards the NVQ in Engineering
• Continued day release at GET to conduct theoretical study
Year 3 onwards
• On-going work placements across the business
• Workplace based assessments for the NVQ in engineering
Additional Further Study
• We are committed to the training and development of our employees. Spirax Sarco funds degree level learning, where business requirements and individual development needs to support this; with a number of employees sponsored on part-time degrees.
Minimum entry requirements
• 5 GCSEs at grade C (or 4) or above to include Maths, English and
• Interests outside of school which show a genuine interest in
• A recent job or relevant work experience would be beneficial
What are the benefits?
• Competitive salary
• Bonus scheme
• 25 days holiday
• Pension scheme (up to 10% employer contribution)
• Health insurance
• Life assurance
• Subsidised restaurants
• Training and development
Find out more